The holidays are almost here – literally they are only weeks away – and if you are considering entertaining at home now is the time to begin your holiday party menu. It may seem early but the sooner you pick your top go to appetizers the more relaxed you will feel about heading into the year’s most popular entertaining season.
May I suggest putting an easy holiday cheese board at the top of your go to recipe list.
Cheese boards are super easy to pull together and when you offer items sweet and savor on the board you will please almost everyone in the crowd.
To create an easy holiday cheese board begin with a gorgeous wooden, or marble, board large enough to hold your cheeses – or consider two wooden boards, one to hold the cheeses and the other to hold the crackers and breads. Build your cheese board around a center of colorful grapes in the center, then placing 3 or four cheeses around them faces each corner for easy reach.
On the second board place a selection of crackers and candied nuts for crunch. I like to offer the a variety of sweet and savory spreads to accompany the cheese board – place them in small vessels with serving spoons.
Here are my suggestions for an easy holiday cheese board::
- Two varieties of soft cheese :: brie, double cream, blue, goat cheese
- Two varieties of hard cheese :: aged gouda, cheddar, manchengo
- Fruits :: grapes, berries, pomegranate seeds
- Spreads :: honey, fig butter, olive tamponade,
- Breads + Crackers :: water crackers, crusty Italian, rosemary crackers
The above are suggestions and as long as you provide a mix of textures and flavors you really can’t go wrong when you build a holiday cheese board. Be sure to put out cheese knives, small spoons and spreaders as well as small plates and napkins for your guest.
What are you favorite things to put on a holiday cheese board??? Let me know in the comments!
* * * * * * *
And, if you are looking for even more easy holiday entertaining, check out An Appealing Plan the book.
I believe we are bringing back entertaining at home, lingering over a table after a lovingly prepared meal with friends. I am thrilled to be able to invite you on this journey with me through a year of celebrating every day. Filled with recipes, tablescapes, floral inspiration and seasonal entertaining ideas An Appealing Plan :: A Year of Everyday Celebrations.To learn more about An Appealing Plan :: A Year of Everyday Celebrations here.
* * * * *
Thank you Michelle De La Cerda-Nash, of The Complete Savorist and Valerie Cathell Clark, of Lifestyle Food Artistry, for hosting this weeks Sunday Supper Community post! Be sure to visit all my fellow contributors as they share their favorite recipes for Easy Holiday Entertaining.
- Caramel Coffee by Party Food & Entertaining
- Christmas Cranberry Mojitos by Our Good Life
- European-Style Hot Chocolate by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Pomegranate Sangria by The Redhead Baker
- Spiced Hot Milk Brandy by Nosh My Way
- Apple Cranberry Brie en Croute by The Crumby Cupcake
- Beet Hummus by Soni’s Food
- Christmas Cranberry Dip by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Festive Shrimp Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Spinach Cheese Fondue by Fearless Dining
- Hot Crab Dip by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Krayl’s Easy Holiday Cheese Board by An Appealing Plan
- Mini Cheese Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Pear Proscuitto Arugula and Cheese Rounds by Food Done Light
- Pull-apart Beer Bread with Mediterranean Vegetables by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Salmon Shooters by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Nuts by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Dip by The Complete Savorist
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Momma’s Meals
Main and Side Dishes
- Fruited Wild Rice by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- La Grande Zuppa del Costiera Amalfitana (The Grand Soup of the Amalfi Coast) by Monica’s Table
- Make ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pasta With Duck Sugo by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Desserts and Baked Goods
- Apple Brown Betty by Curious Cuisiniere
- Apple Panna Cotta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Banana Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easy Pumpkin Dip by Wholistic Woman
- Gluten Free Key Lime Tartlets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grown Up Peppermint Bark with Sambuca by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Microwave Carob Fudge by Pies and Plots
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Pumpkin Mousse Parfait by Brunch with Joy
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.