Brunch is my favorite meal to serve when hosting a Spring Gathering and it must feature a menu highlighting the best herbs of my Spring garden. Flowering chives and spring leeks are the perfect combination for a Chive, Leek and Cheese Quiche.
Sure I liked chives, who doesn’t. They added color and flavor to baked potatoes right?
But then it happened…. I fell in love with chives.
At the time, I was working with a caterer in Bucks County, PA and had to stop at one of our local suppliers for micro greens – Blue Moon Acres in Buckingham, PA – on the way to the office. I had passed the farm a zillion times before but never a reason to head to the back to the wholesale area. As I walked back towards the far greenhouse to pick up my crate of micro greens there it was … a garden of chives, really a ring of chives surrounding a smaller garden, all framed by a pea gravel walk way. It was April or May and the chives where in full bloom. There purple globes opening up to the sun. Love at first sight! My inner gardener, inner cook and inner designer all came together there in that very moment. I wanted to stay in that circle forever. I have been in love with Chives ever since.
Once you are in love with an herb you find every way possible to blend it into your recipes. Luckily chives are perfect compliment to most savory dishes and work well in salads and as a garnish on platters if you have extra.
Don’t even get me started on the edible chive flowers. Those little beauties are like purple gold! If you see them, buy them and add them to a spring salad. Your guests will never stop talking about it!
Chive, Leek and Cheese Quiche is a fantastic combination of subtle spring flavors perfect for breakfast, brunch or as far as I am concerned really any meal you wish. Share the flavors with friends when they stop over and be sure to accent your table with fun colors of spring like peach, white and turquoise. And yes, BTW I am a silverware convert – Rose Gold flatware will be making many appearances on my table this Spring.
Melting snow, blooming flowers and trees, and greening grass means spring is here and everything is coming to life! There is nothing so wonderful as grilling on the deck, enjoying a drink on the patio, and soaking in all the new life that is surrounding you! Let’s bring some of that life to the Sunday Supper table this week and share recipes to welcome spring in 2016!
Thank you Renee from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures for hosting this week’s Sunday Supper event features all the best Spring has to offer!
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lavender Lemon Cocktail by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Ravioli with Morel Cream Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Dijon Balsamic Herb Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Lebanese Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Sesame Ginger Seared Ahi Coconut Tacos by Simply Healthy Family
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake by Angels Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake by Sweet Mornings
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement