Stuffing is one of the most popular dishes of a Thanksgiving meal, I thought why not try making it as fun appetizer bites served before the big meal OR as a fun twist on leftover stuffing recipe served Thanksgiving night or the next day.
You can use this recipe with any stuffing recipe or leftovers, the key is to add back in moisture then bake the muffins to ensure they stick together.
Serve your mini stuffing muffins with the a side of cranberry relish for a tangy fruity and colorful topping.
MINI STUFFING MUFFINS RECIPE
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
1 cup stock, chicken/turkey or vegetable
1/2 cup dried cranberries, rough chopped
4 cups stuffing – left over or pre-made
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease 12-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet melt butter, add sage and cook on medium heat until sage begins to crisp.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped cranberries to liquid and allow to cook on medium for 2-3 minutes or until cranberries begin to absorb liquid.
- Pack the stuffing into the muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a rack and let stand for 5 minutes. Loosen the muffins with a sharp paring knife and lift them out.
- Serve warm with Cranberry Relish.
Whether you are a seasoned pro or it is your first time hosting Thanksgiving the number of details to keep track of can be daunting to say the least. You need the Ultimate Thanksgiving Planning Checklist.Get yours HERE.
How to Use Holiday Leftovers
Everyone loves the holidays, but often we’re left with way too much food. This week the Sunday Supper Community helps us spice up our leftovers and turn them into new and exciting dishes!
Thank you Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure, for hosting.
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa by Food Done Light
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puff Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Bacon Egg Potato and Turkey Soup by Family Foodie
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.