Springtime is all about fresh ingredients. This chilled soup recipe combines two spring favorites Peas and Mint to one tasty chilled soup. It’s time to forget what you think about pea soup. The bright color and garden fresh flavors of this Spring Pea and Mint soup will make even the biggest doubters come around.
CHILLED GREEN PEA + MINT SOUP
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups coarsely chopped onion
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
6 cups fresh peas
3 cups packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 cup packed mint leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup crème fraiche, for garnish
Pea shoots, for garnish
Melt butter in a large pot uncovered over medium heat. Add onion and 2 teaspoons salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add broth and water, bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in peas and return to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in rough chopped parsley and mint. Puree soup in a blender or using an immersion blender, until very smooth. Transfer to a clean bowl and stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chill soup in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or overnight.
Serve chilled in soup bowls and garnish with crème fraiche, and pea shoots.
This recipe is one of my absolute favorites and is actually a sneak peak since it will also be included in my upcoming book. We are shooting the tablescapes and recipes weekly and I am getting more and more excited for the launch everyday.
Learn more here + have a chance to win a copy. Or learn more about hosting a launch event here. The book has launched!!
Be sure to visit all the other fantastic recipes and blogs included in this week’s event. They have really gone all out with the food and mom love. It is an honor to be apart of this group as well as this week’s Sunday Supper Super Star!! Read the full article here and check out all the previous Super Stars.
Mother’s Day Breakfast:
- Bacon, Cheddar and Egg Scones from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chai Berry Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Almond Prune Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Greek Breakfast Strata from Curious Cuisiniere
- Maple Almond Butter from girlichef
- Orange Julius from Neighborfood
- Rum Rolls from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Eggs with an Asian Accent from NinjaBaking.com
Mother’s Day Appetizers:
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Strawberry Salad with Asparagus Mousse from Delaware Girl Eats
- Vegetable Shu Mai from My Healthy Eating Habits
Mother’s Day Soups, Salads and Sides:
- Chilled Spring Pea Soup from An Appealing Plan
- I Love You Mom Melon Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Spears in a Blanket from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Truffled Sea Salt Shrimp Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
Mother’s Day Main Dishes:
- Betty’s Salad from Jelly Toast
- Brussels Sprouts Kofta from Soni’s Food
- Cajun Shrimp Eggplant Casserole from Food Lust People Love
- Crepes Lorraine from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Pizza from Casa de Crews
- Ham and Spinach Quiche from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Lightened-Up Penne & Tomato Cream Sauce with Peas & Prosciutto from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mac & Cheese Dressed Up for Mother’s Day from Cooking Chat
- Mini Pot Pies from Jane’s Adventures in Cooking
- Paprika Shrimp from Nosh My Way
- Spring Pea and Pistachio Pasta with Ricotta from Simply Healthy Family
Mother’s Day Desserts:
- Banana Cream Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Black-Eyed Susan from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cannoncini alla Crema from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Babka from Run DMT
- Chocolate Caramel Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creme Brûlée from Desserts Required
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Lemon Curd Pie from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Cookies from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Limoncello Lemon Pound Cake from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Limoncello Tiramisu from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Mom’s Blueberry Pie from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mom’s Coconut Macaroons from MealDiva
- Mango Sorbet from Pescetarian Journal
- PB&J Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Cobbler from Cookin’ Mimi
- Pina Colada Cake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pineapple Empanadas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Scotch Tea Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Shortcake Whipped Cream Cupcakes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
28 Replies to “Chilled Spring Pea +Mint Soup”
Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
A chilled soup sounds like something unique that I would enjoy! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. I’m pinning it for later.
Dionne ~ It is delish! thinking about making another batch this weekend before all the fresh peas are gone for the season.
A delicate spring soup just hits the spot — thanks!
Love, Love, Love! I’ve been on a bit of a chilled pea soup binge this spring. This sounds so refreshing.
chilled soup is so lovely this time of year!
totally agree that springtime is all about fresh ingredients!! love this soup!!
Yum! looks tasty and healthy!
I love the cool combo of Pea’s and Mint perfect for the warm days of spring! The soup has gorgeous color too!
Your soup speaks elegance, Krayl. I can see this at a beautiful upscale Mother’s Day luncheon. And I’m betting the parsley and mint pack a mighty punch of flavor =)
Oh yes! Spring pea soup is perfect for Mother’s Day!!!
What a perfect soup for spring!! Love it!!
I like the use of mint in this soup. The color is beautiful too, I love green 🙂
I can’t wait for fresh peas in the market!
I love a great soup anytime of the year and yours looks magnificent!!
Fresh peas are one of my favorite vegetables. This soup sounds so comforting and flavorful!
This is a great soup for Arizona. And it’s healthy, too!
Even though it’s already so hot in Florida, this soup looks so refreshing, especially chilled! Yummy.
Nicole it is perfect for a warm day. Very refreshing.
I love the flavor combo in this!!! This is perfect for any day just like Liz commented! Happy Mother’s day!
A chilled soup is perfect as the weather warms up.
This soup looks absolutely amazing!! Thank you for being this week’s #SundaySupper Super Star!! Love your recipes!
Isabel , it’s my honor to be a part if such a fantastic group!
Your soup looks just amazing and healthy!!
Jennifer it is it! Very good for you!
Your soup looks divine! Perfect for Mother’s Day or any day!!!
Liz it really is! And surprisingly filling and good for you!
classic flavor combo! That looks wonderful!